Before You Buy
Use these tools to help your United Way and school partners decide if the Born Learning Academy should be in your community.
- The United Way Born Learning Academy Startup Guide provides a set of guidelines to start an Academy while also including the core components of an Academy.
- This Engaging Parents to Boost School Readiness brochure, designed for United Ways, will help you understand how the Born Learning Academy works.
- This Tool for School Readiness brochure will help your United Way start the conversation about the Born Learning Academy with your school partners.
- This United Way Born Learning Academy Budget Sheet can help you develop a budget for the Born Learning Academy.
- This 2018 Case Study will help you understand how Academies work, as it outlines the progress and experiences of United Way Born Learning Academy at United Way of Greater Cincinnati.
There are two versions of the United Way Born Learning Academy: The Deluxe kit includes training materials and lots of goodies to support parents in the workshops, while the Basic kit has only the essentials - leaving it up to United Way and the school partner to access the materials used in every workshop.
To help you choose between the Deluxe and Basic kit, see below.