National Communications Resources
- Advocacy Toolkit: Promoting Quality Early Childhood Education
- The Social Pulpit: Barack Obama’s Social Media Toolkit
- Communications Consortium Media Center
- Public Communication Campaign Evaluation
- Framing Public Issues - Frameworks Institute Framing 101 Toolkit
- Lessons in Evaluating Communications Campaigns: Five Case Studies
- Nine Laws of Advocacy Communications
United Way Worldwide Resources
- United Way’s policy and advocacy guide has a chapter on media advocacy (getting your story told your way), sample press releases, worksheets and tips for press events – all using media relations to advance advocacy.
- Communication for the Community Impact United Way: A Planning Guide
- Have you used United Way’s Common Good Forecaster? This interactive tool, created by United Way Worldwide with the Human American Development Project, forecasts how things might change if educational attainments were different in your community. Great for an opinion leader briefing!
- Supporting the Education Pipeline: A Business Engagement Toolkit for Community-Based Organizations
This toolkit is designed to assist community leaders in creating beneficial and sustainable partnerships with business. It provides lessons on how community leaders can identify potential business partners, set realistic goals and create partnerships for long-term success to ensure that all youth are ready for college, work and life. Co-developed by United Way Worldwide, Corporate Voices for Working Families and the Workforce Strategy Center, you can access the full toolkit here.